Goodwin Analysis

Goodwin's theory can highly impact and influence my final product of the music video and by following his codes and conventions I can effectively create a professional and interesting music video. However as a group decision, we concluded that we wanted to challenge his viewpoints of music videos. As a result of challenging many theorists such as Goodwin and stereotypes that are created and followed by many people we wanted to flourish in expressing our creativity and originality when revealing the music video to our audience. The Prezi software and online application offers many advantages such as having the ability to make 3D slides so it would be more eye catching, I can customize my own background and template os it can suit the different and specific presentation that I want to create and the program is very easy to use due to its simplisitc features and tools.




Below is the link to a brief presentation of my analysis of Andrew Goodwin:

Prezi Link - https://prezi.com/p/gwzz8ecwu5hn/

Another area that should be highlighted is the implementation of this theory and how it applies to my music video. First of all Goodwin's summary 'thought through beat'; we subtly followed this through the representation of the 3 protagonists in the music video such as lyrics relating to our characters. For example some lyrics that can easily portray to the audience are "I'm a woman's man, no time to talk" and "I'm Staying Alive". Linking back to the group choices of costume and body language can create the juxtaposition to the 1970's societal stereotypes of men and their nature to impress women.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mind Map of 1970's America

Advantages and disadvantages in using Sony Vegas

Hyperdermic Needle Theory